Monday, May 3, 2010

Update

Well, for all my big plans things have been pretty quiet lately, mainly due to endless assignments of endless and being very tired all of the time.

SCA things I have accomplished lately:
Made a 3.something metre long lucet cord for the Baroness' Fighter Auction prize table
Made 1m red lucet cord and 1m red and blue spiralled kumihimo cord to add to the Fibre Guild's presentation of award cords to the King and Queen
Did some work on Lachlahn's speccy court garb - the doublet had the unfortunate habit of bunching up and spilling over the top of the u-front so I added some lacing holes to the bottom of it so it could lace to his hose - vast improvement - looked much better and was much much more comfortable for him so win there. Not going to leave out that detail again.
Attended the Baroness' Fighter Auction and Royal Visit Feast where I helped Catherine in the kitchen and had a great time. Most of the food was precooked and just had to be reheated but on the night we made frumenty and delicately arranged salad and angel food which was fun. Nobody died and Nathan only burned one small child and himself while cooking the venison steaks so all in all a successful kitchen. During court a number of College kids got AoAs (yay!) and I was given my Apprentice belt from Stanzi, a "stern" reminder to not neglect other aspects of life and was made a member of the Order of the Golden Tear, which was nice. The new College Seneschal won the rapier tournament which was awesome :D And, true to my reflection on the things on my list - I wasn't devastated that I didn't get around to doing a number of things I wanted to as I realised there was just too much on.
Have also been doing some work on bids for Midwinter and Championship. Am saddended that the cheaper site I found for Championship is booked out that weekend, but am going to keep the information on file for the future. Otherwise everything is in preliminary stages, will have more done before council I presume

Mundane things I have accomplished lately:
Lots of assigments and a few tests. I have written up a big chart of everything that is due before winter break (now up to 18 with other things I have remembered) and am very happy to have, as of last night crossed off 4 of them. I have a week and a half now before the rush of due dates begins so am planning to be getting ahead rather than slacking off.
I am learning to garden (and being paid for it) due to my aunty's broken arm and am finding it quite enjoyable.
Am also tired of how lazy I've been lately and how the tiredness from doing nothing physical has been perpetuating itself so last night went to the pool and swam some laps. Hoping to make exercise a more regular occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment